The Beezum eHive Gateway handles the communication for your apiary via the mobile network. You only need one device for your apiary and you can view the information from home without having to go to the apiary. The device is water resistant and contains a rechargeable lithium battery. Place the device somewhere central in the apiary and all devices within a range of about 30m will connect automatically via Bluetooth. You don’t have to set anything up. Simple, no wires and can be charged with solar energy.
Used as a complement with Beezum eHive Heart and eHive Scale.
If you are monitoring more than one hive, the Beezum Gateway routes all the data from your hives through this intermediary node and sends information to the Beezum cloud server so you can access all the information via the Mobile App or web application on your computer.
Perfect to use if you have remote apiaries, as you don’t need to visit the apiary to get your information about your eHive hives.
For good radio coverage, remember that the device should be placed a bit above the ground, preferably on a bench next to a beehive, and not in the grass. Also, do not place it on top of a beehive if the roof is made of metal, as this may cause a poorer radio signal. If you choose a solar panel, turn it towards the sun to charge it properly.
Works with all other eHive Heart and eHive Scale devices.
- All you need is a Gateway to monitor all your hives in the apiary remotely.
- Communication via 2G or 4G mobile network
- Communicates with other devices locally via Bluetooth
- Only one gateway required for up to 100 devices at one location in your apiary
- Automatically sends data from devices to the cloud. You can view data online from anywhere.
- Data can be sent every 15 minutes, 30 minutes or every hour
- Communication distance free view outdoors 100m, in real apiary environment from 5m to 50m
- You need to purchase a Beezum IoT SIM Annual Subscription
- Uses only 20 MB of data per month for your SIM card
- The subscription for an IoT SIM card from us is valid for one year
- Solar power – the solar panel automatically charges the battery (optional)
- A micro USB connector for additional charging is inside the housing (cable not included). Opens with 6 screws.
- Battery included
- Waterproof housing
- Dimensions: 148x90x26mm
- Weight: 220g
- Network: 2G, 3G, 4G, LTE