Precision electronic scale in aluminum. It is universal for most types of hives and easy to use.
- Weighs your hive up to 200 kg
- Very good measuring accuracy 10g
- Temperature stability +/- 0.10 kg / Celsius degree
- You can see an estimate of how many bees fly out of the hive in the morning
- Warning for unusual weight change – theft
- Monitors outdoor temperature
- Monitors the humidity outside (if you make holes for the enclosure)
- Daily, weekly, and monthly nectar flow data
- Figures and graphs
- Estimated number of flying bees
- Data collected every ten minutes
- Internal memory on the device for 2 months
- Cloud archive for 5 years of data
- Communication via smartphone via Bluetooth or external gateway
- Free Beezum mobile app for both iPhone and Android
- Communication distance outdoors is up to 100m, and after insertion in the hive 5m up to 50m. (If you have Gateway, you can view the data from any distance).
- Web application for personal computers and data export to MS Excel
- Rechargeable battery. The battery lasts for 5 years on a charge cycle
- Battery included
- Dimensions: 50x44cm
- Scale weight: 6 Kg
Five most common reasons to have a scale for the hive
The influence of plants on nectar
From the scale of the beehive, you will be able to determine the effect on bees of plants growing in their vicinity.
The importance of honey in the hive
Honey production is one of the main goals of every beekeeper. The ability to determine the amount of honey bees produce is crucial in beekeeping. It’s important to remove it so they don’t swarm, but it’s also important to leave them some supplies so they can survive the winter. Observing during a season will help you make the next season easier and more successful, both in terms of bee health and honey harvest.
The most problematic period for bees is winter. 20-40% of bee colonies die worldwide every year. If you know the weight of the hive, you can find out from the hive scale how many layers the bees have in the hive so that you can feed them before winter.
When bees swarm, the weight of the hive will give you an immediate signal that this has happened. The swarm usually sits on a nearby tree and you have a few hours to catch it before it decides to fly away. An online hive weight informs you of an unusual weight loss and you know you need to take a swarm or check the hive.
Healthy and efficient hives
It is very important to understand the health of the bees and their performance compared to other hives: if you have several hives, you can make a very precise selection of the best hives and separate those that are lagging behind. This way you can choose the best genetic material and you will be much better off next season.